Below you'll find some of the planned marketing features for August. Be sure to upload any books and images you have that fit with these themes and the books featured in order to snap up some potential sales. Click on the links below to view the features online:
- Collecting Cookbooks - Featuring an assortment of cookbooks from the time before microwaves and take-out, when some of the best recipes were shared.
- Forgotten Memoirs - Including unique memoirs from the 1940's, 50's and 60's including a few famous names such as poet Cecil Day Lewis, author Gavin Maxwell, publisher Stanley Unwin and French crooner Maurice Chevalier.
- New Naturalist Series - A collection of books published by Collins in the UK that focuses on natural history topics. These books stand out due to their beautiful cover designs.
- Carl Sagan - Out of this world books by the famous scientist Carl Sagan (1934-1996) who dedicated his life to the heavens and the search for life beyond Earth which translated into the publication of several popular non-fiction books.
- American Realism - Books based on a cultural movement following the American Civil War which stemmed from a reaction to, and rejection of, romanticism. Featured American Realist writers include Mark Twain, Stephen Crane, Upton Sinclair, Frank Norris, Horatio Alger Jr. and Theodore Dreiser.
- Fannie Hurst - A notable author whose many works were turned into movies, including Great Laughter, Imitation of Life, Back Street, and many others.
- Miroslav Sasek - Featured books from this Czech author and illustrator famously known for his series of children's books "This Is..."
- Collectible Mountaineering Books - A selection of collectible books featuring adventures and challenges of mountaineering expeditions worldwide.