When a book arrives late or when a customer is not satisfied with the condition of the book they have received, proposing a partial refund could resolve any potential disagreements effectively, whilst avoiding a full refund. Additionally, issuing a partial refund indicates that the bookseller want to address the buyer's concerns and that their business is valued. Keeping buyers happy will, of course, encourage them to buy from you again.
If you would like to reimburse a buyer with a portion of the book price, the shipping charge or both, you can initiate a partial refund easily through the Members Menu. The steps to do this are below:
1. Go to the Members Menu through the website www.abebooks.com
2. Click on the Quick Link "Process your orders" in the right column
3. Find the order in question by entering the order number, the order date or the status in the search refinements.
4. Click on the link "Review Order" for the order and then "Request a Refund"
5. Select the refund reason "partial refund"
6. Enter a comment - this will be sent to the buyer
7. Enter the amount of the book price and/or the shipping charge you would like to refund to the buyer
8. Confirm the partial refund
You can find more information on the various refund or return options on our Bookseller Help.