During the time that the site maintenance is being carried out the impact to booksellers will be:
- Inventory updates (adds/updates) can be uploaded as normal but will not be reflected in Search results until after the work is completed.
- Updates, i.e. price changes, will be reflected correctly when a book is added to the Shopping Basket.
- Books sold via AbeBooks, as well as those marked 'Sold' by the bookseller, will be deleted and removed from Search as normal, so no orders for previously sold books will result.
- Newly added listings will not be searchable until after the work is completed but Want matches will be made and Want Match emails will be sent as normal. Any listing matched to a Want can be accessed through the Want Match link and purchased as normal.
- Account level updates, (i.e. Storefront, Shipping Matrix, Terms of Sale, etc.), can be made as normal but will not be reflected in Search results until after the work is completed.
All of the above applies regardless of the method of inventory management, i.e. Online Inventory Manager, FTP, HomeBase, etc., will all be affected equally.
We apologise for the short notice and for any inconvenience. Updates will be posted as required throughout the upgrade process.